Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Over it and moving on,

So, past the buyers remorse thing, finally.  I do this almost every time - second guessing the choices I make.  Not every time.  Not even about big money. (This is big for this week, but not that big.) I think if I believe I'm ahead of the cost then it's OK.  Like I know I can sell the boat for more than I paid.  Or at least get back what it cost me.

BTW, I'm getting(not yet bought) her, Sea Rover, from a not-for-profit organization that takes boats in as donations.  They clean them up, repair some and then sell to make money.  Some boats are considered historical, or at least worthy of extensive rebuilding to retain their intrinsic value to the boating community.  Sadly of the boats I've seen in their inventory, most are in significant disrepair.  And I believe they are stretched very thin on labor and money to just maintain boats much less rebuild to bristol.

Had a meeting with the boats caretaker.  I signed papers, got info on slips, inspections and insurance, and promised another check for the balance tomorrow. (More money I don't have.)  But I told them from the beginning they can have my checks but I won't have money in the account for a few more days and they agreed.  Turns out they need paperwork(like my check) completed so the boat can find a semi-permanent home - a slip.  Basically its like an orphan on the doorstep.  Only the doorstep is a dock at Keehi.  And without a real owner she can't be securely put anywhere.  So they are anxious to transfer it to me legally so it can be moored properly.  The saga continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment