Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Joshua Slocum reading,

While I'm at it I might as well put up this link to a website featuring an audio book on Joshua Slocum's Sailing Alone around the World.

http://librivox.org/sailing-alone-around-the-world-by-joshua-slocum/  (New window)

It seems the memoir is in public domain and thus can be had in audio form through this organization at no charge.  This is, of course, after I had purchased the CD set at my local Goodwill.  With Slocum's turn of the century verbiage and the readers British accent it is an excellent listen.

I am more visual than audible and had to replay chapters several times to get details I would have easily gotten through reading.  This along with my ADD which tends to leave my ears behind while my mind went wandering.  Fortunately this wasn't about the technical aspects of single handed sailing but instead was about a man's thoughts and feelings and that is always more interesting to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment