Thursday, September 8, 2011

Time for another entry,

Really too tired but gotta say something.  So Ali Baba got to her over the weekend.  They/it took the pin out of a horseshoe shackle and got away with 8 feet of heavy chain.  Thankfully they only got the chain and the pin(probably dropped it in the water by mistake.)  If they took the whole turnbuckle that would be a real drag.  My rigging is over sized(and stainless) and quite expensive.  I don't think I can buy just the pin so I'll have to replace the whole shackle.  I guess I get to keep the U part as a souvenir.  Time to get serious about insurance.  And better locks on the hatch.  While I'm at it I'll attach shore power so I can run detectors, lights and alarms 24/7.  This wouldn't be as necessary in a better harbor.  It's just that I'm in the "ghetto" area of Keehi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment