Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tsunami alert,

Well it's been a while.  Things have changed and things have stayed the same.  You know how it goes.

I guess the big news is tsunamis.  I live in an tidal inundation zone so last years Japan tsunami was pretty scary.  I ending up moving 2 cars and my motorcycle.  A few blocks away is a sloping hill rising 25 feet so I didn't have to go far.  I decided not to move anything this time.

Fortunately there wasn't much of a tidal wave so the Sea Rover didn't go far either.  We did notice water rising and falling in the harbor by as much as 8 inches or so in a matter of 3 or 4 minutes.  A few of us on our pier decided to sit and ride it out.  Luckily it was the right decision.  Those that chose to leave could be seen as a string of lights about 2 miles outside the harbor.  They had to wait 6 hours for the CG to open the harbor.  Long night for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment