Tuesday, November 1, 2011

All of October and no posts. Geez,


So Halloween is over and I was down in Waikiki with all the krazy kids.  It was a weeknight so lot's were leaving by midnight.  Beau was freaked out, not so much by the mass of people, but the yelling and noise everyone was making.

Enough with the chit-chat, what's up with the boat?  I bought a 40hp Evinrude with a frozen motor.  Took some energy to get the motor off and now working on getting the lower leg cleaned and 'furbed.  The plan is to put a DC motor on and use it as a kicker.  Got it for a hundred and I know I can get double for the lower unit by itself.  Then I found a 85hp Johnson.  Great price, fired up and ran like a champ and even got the remote throttle included.  No steering but I plan to hook up to the rudder so moving the tiller moves both the rudder and motor.  It's cheezy but it's temporary just so I can do a bouy run and pass inspection.  Now I gotta get serious and put on a kicker mount.  (Sigh) So much lazy - too little time.

Getting the hull clean today.  That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment